Recognizing where to turn with regard to the current, most reliable information on COVID-19, especially as it relates to the elderly and people who provide caregiving assistance for them, is important – and can be confusing. Due to so many resources and different opinions on this serious topic, we want to help make it more straightforward to find what you need by compiling the following list of trusted resources for seniors and family caregivers.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Seniors: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page consists of a wealth of important information, such as help identifying who is at greater risk, symptoms, how to take care of yourself, a checklist for your home, stress and anxiety coping tips, plus much more.
- Coronavirus: What Seniors and People with Disabilities Should Know: ACL provides information on what older adults and people with disabilities should be aware of to prevent contracting and spreading the virus, along with symptoms, state-by-state guidelines, and an extensive list of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers Commonly Asked Questions About COVID-19: AARP keeps a running bulleted list of the most recent information associated with COVID-19, as well as what senior loved ones should do to minimize their chance of contracting it and answers to several common questions.
- Resources and Articles for Caregivers on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance publishes caregiver-specific resources and articles to aid family caregivers in increasing the protection of the older adults within their care.
- Comprehensive Commonly Asked Questions List on Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website aimed at caregivers, created a frequently asked questions page to supply answers to lots of questions, for example, safeguards to take when visiting a senior’s home, information on how to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and much more.
- NAHC COVID-19 Home Care Resources: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the millions of older adults who receive in-home care, as well as for individuals who provide that care. This COVID-19 resource page shares articles, webinars, interactive tools, and much more.
For many more resources to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, dependable, home health care to improve wellness and comfort for the older adults you love, contact Harmony Home Health & Hospice today. Adhering to a stringent protocol to ensure the safety of the elderly we serve, we can assist with a wide range of necessary services, including:
- Specialized skilled-nursing care for chronic conditions such as diabetes, cancer and more
- Pain management
- Infusion services
- Home monitoring
- Therapy services including physical, occupational, speech and music
- Hospice care
- And many more
Reach out to Harmony Home Health & Hospice, the experts for home hospice in Orem and the surrounding areas at 1-877-I-NEED-CARE (1-877-463-3322) for an assessment within the safety and comfort of home, to learn the way we can assist your loved ones. To see our full service area in Utah and New Mexico, visit our service area page.